Monday, February 16, 2009

A few random thoughts...

I am reminded by my conscience (Dane is sometimes my conscience like Jimminy Cricket was Pinocchio's) that I sometimes do not appear as happy as I am. I am very happy! I had a nice quiet birthday, I had a nice quiet Valentine's Day...and I am having a nice quiet President's Day! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of our good friends Luke and Wendy as they are taking a layover at our house on their way to Florida for a cruise via Detroit Metro. Dane will be driving them there tomorrow morning. Dane's mom called and asked if we wanted her and Ted to do it, and when I said that Dane was taking care of it, she asked if he knew where to go!! lol She still doesn't see her little boy as grown up sometimes! I think I was a little rude when I said, "ah...NO. I think he knows the way." (sorry hon)
Dinner last week at the Elephant Bar was AWESOME! I love it there! Work is going well...we are finally finished with the alternate assessments we had to do...THAT was a chore and a half! Even though I am a lowly classroom aide, I still do a majority of the typing and everything...or that is BECAUSE I am the lowly classroom aide!
Any-who...all things considered there is very few things I would change about my life. The wish list of places I would like to visit...is only a WISH LIST!!! Not a complaint list! I am not going to curl up and die if I never get to travel! I am not in a deep depression because I've never been out of the country! IT IS OK!!! TRUST ME!!! Besides, I would never want to go these places without my kids so they can experience the same beauties that I do, and they are just too young to appreciate most of these places. So, until they are older, I will be very happy to travel the wide expanse of our great tri-state area...and a little beyond...with our awesome little pop-up and my wonderful family!

1 comment: